Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Busy

Who said being a stay at home mom was easy?! I don't think I have been this busy even when I was working fulltime. Of course the boys keep me busy. Brecken has preschool M,W,F from 9-11 and Karsten is one (I shouldn't need to go into any detail!) There are the household chores, cooking, and cleaning.

I also have been teaching a Geometry and Computer Basics class for an online highschool. I have to make lots of phone calls and grade each students projects. It has been a great way to bring in some extra money. I am also trying to sub once a week so I can keep in touch with students in the classroom.

I have also decided to go to the temple once a week. In a sacrament meeting a while ago a high counselman bore testimony of the blessings his family recieved from his wife going to the temple weekly. I decided I wanted to do this for my family. I have truly enjoyed my weekly visits to the temple. Last Saturday, as Tom said, we did baptisms for some of my ancestors. Tuesday I was able to do initiatories for some of my ancestors who were some of the pioneers. I did not realize that not all the pioneers work is done. These people have been waiting a long time for their work to be done. It is a great experience to do work for people that you are related to. I am truly grateful for my visits to the temple.

On a lighter note, Halloween is coming up and I just want everyone to know that my kids are going to be pretty darn cute. Brecken has decided that he wants to be Shrek, his cousin Kylie will be Princess Fiona and Karsten is going to be Puss n Boots. Pictures will be coming soon.

12 comments:

Chad~Nicole said...

I can't wait to see the Halloween pictures. Yeah for you and going to the temple so often. That's awesome. If your life slows down anytime soon, let me know when you want to play. Also, did the sale on your house ever go through?

The Carpenter Family said...

That is so great that you keeping busy. I loved it when we went to the temple every week...it help so much. What a great idea!

ducklips said...

I would love to do that. What do you do w/ your boys while you are at the temple?
I may need to figure something out to rearrange my schedule. I could really use the peace that brings.

Can't wait to see the kids. They will be so cute.

Natalie said...

Nicole, we did sell our house. We close on Nov. 20th.

Elise, my mom watches my boys when I am at the temple. When I move down to the compound we could always work something out and I can watch Zo when you go to the temple.

Sheerstar said...

Love it!

ducklips said...

oh, that would be too fabulous!

Chelsea said...

Busy bee you really keep your schdule full! I am jealous of your temple trips. That is so awesome!! And I am so excited for Halloween pics! What a fun and cute idea!

Merilee said...

Nat you are so awesome. Tom is really lucky.

Birches said...

Hooray for the temple! Do it as often as you can while you are able to. I tried to go as often as I could when we lived so close and I'm so glad we did because now that we're away from family it takes a lot of planning and/or sacrifice to get there even just once a month. So now that we can't go as often, we can look back and reflect on what we learned before.

CDR said...

Natalie-
What can I say? You are super awesome. Being a mom, not easy, I know. I can't wait to see the pictures of your little ones for Halloween. One of these days we should all really try to get together, maybe after the holidays.
Chari

Emily said...

You better put up the pics, since I won't be there!

Chelsea said...

We use sitemeter on our blog and I am tired of the creepy strangers who are lurking. We are going private today. Email me your email address at paceblog@aol.com to join our private party!! This email address is JUST for getting your address, not as my new email. Hope to hear from you soon! :)

Any other Bogle reader of the blog is welcome to email me too. The more the merrier!!:)