Sunday, October 7, 2007

Ramblings

I just had a few things I wanted to share. First WE SOLD OUR HOUSE (pending all the inspections)!!! After five months, I had come to the realization that our house was not going to sell when a young couple with small children put in an offer. We really have no idea what the future holds for our family. Tom needs a new job (because he works to much and does not get paid for it). He tries so hard to support our family. Tom and I both have different ideas for what the future holds for our family. I know we will compromise and figure it out. In the mean time, we get to spend so time on the Bogle compound. We will have tons of fun living so close to family.

Second, I have always had a hard time reading my scriptures. I decided a few weeks ago I would try my hardest to really study the scriptures daily. I have always felt I don't know how to study the scriptures. I decided I was going to read the "Preach My Gospel" manual along with my scriptures. This has been a great blessing. I have really learned some of the gospel principles and learned how to study the scriptures. I thought it was interesting that in yesterdays session a man spoke about the use of "Preach my Gospel" He said that it is a tool for everyone. I truly feel this is true. If you haven't read it you should.

Anyways enough of my ramblings. If you have an idea for Tom's new career change, he has a degree in marketing, please let us know.

10 comments:

ducklips said...

I am so excited for you guys to sell your house.
I need to use your example and read my scriptures more. I love them, but just let other things get in the way.
I am so excited for you guys to move out here too. We will have so much fun taking over the ward. ;)

CDR said...

You are so sweet Natalie. I know your boys will be blessed for having such a faithful mother. We sold our house a few months ago, and I was forced to move to a rental. Why is it that after a degree we seemed to make less money?? Oh well. Good luck!
Chari

Chad~Nicole said...

Yeah for selling your house! Yeah for reading your scriptures! About the job...I've really been thinking about that one since we last talked, but I don't have anything solid yet.

Birches said...

If you send me your resume and some ideas about what sort of positions you are looking for, I can try and find something at Lockheed Martin that might work. You never know what might pop up. aaron.m.birch@lmco.com

The Carpenter Family said...

Hope it goes through! Thanks for that thought I have been having scriptuire reading problems of my own...I will give it a try!

Amanda said...

Hey, the only scripture studying I get these days is the childrens version, which I love and learn more from I think. :) I should totally do what you did. And it's funny the Birches live in Littleton, that's where we used to live for a while and my father in law worked for Lockheed for many years. And.. you should look into Casa Grande, it's great out here!

CDR said...

Weston has a lot of therapy. About 30-40 hours per week. It is mostly ABA. That just means that he does drills over and over, and gets reinforced by items that are of high value to him. It is really hard to say if someone is Autistic because their “traits” are very individual. There is also Aspergers (high functioning) and those kids seem odd but brilliant usually. Tell your mom to go to http://www.autismspeaks.org/ that is a great place for info and signs. I must say that with all the exposure lately, I fear it is alarming a lot of parent’s unnecessarily. But we all want the best for our children and if by chance he does have Autism, early intervention can make all the difference. Let me know if you need more help.
Chari

Anonymous said...

Maricopa is okay, but with Casa Grande being right off the Interstate, it's faster to get anywhere from here. Plus we have the new mall and theater, houses are so affordable, and of course we are here. haha I don't know that much about Maricopa, but if it's like Queen Creek, the traffic in and out can be horrible.

Emily said...

Yeah for selling your house! Autism? Aspbergers? That's not about your child, is it? That one lost me...

Curtis Heyman said...

Tom!!!!!! Good to hear from you. Your boys are too cute to be yours.
Keep in touch.

Curtis