Thursday, November 29, 2007

Great Anniversary

As I stated in the last post, last Saturday was Tom and I's sixth anniversary. Tom half way surprised me with a nights stay at the Scottsdale resort. One of his drivers (since he works for UPS) got him a free room there. Aren't we lucky!! We left Saturday morning and went to the temple to do sealings. It was neat to see all the other couples there that would have the same anniversary as Tom and I. We then checked in at the hotel and got ready to go to dinner at an elegant restraunt called Sassi in north Scottsdale. We decided to go all out since our room didn't cost much. We order a six entree course that the chef decides on what to serve you. It was so much fun. I was always wondering what would be next. The food was great. We had bruscetta, calimari, dandilion leaf salad, smoked tomato pasta, sea bass fish, pork chop, and a chocolate almoreda icecream covered in chocolate crunch. Doesn't that sound delicious!! It was so nice to be able to sleep in in the morning. We ordered breakfast then went shopping to all the cute boutiques. We had a great time. Thanks to Megan and Rueben for watching our boys. I hope they had as much fun as we did. Hope everyone's holidays are going great.

8 comments:

Sheerstar said...

This is a different tag, so here are the rules: A. The rules of the game are posted at the beginning.B. Each player lists 6 little-known facts/habits about themselves. C. At the end of the post, the player then tags 6 people and posts their names, then goes to their blogs and leaves them a comment, letting them know that they have been tagged and asking them to read your blog.

Chad~Nicole said...

Fancy, Schmancy!

ducklips said...

that sounds like a wonderful anniversary. You guys sure deserved to be pampered. I'm glad you got the chance.

Your meal sounds delicious. It sounds like something that would have been served in Slovenia. I'm pretty sure I had a meal very similar there, although probably not as fancy.

Meagan said...

Sounds like a blast! I'm jealous- 6 courses?!:) And not many husbands will go boutique shopping with their wife!

Emily said...

Oops! Tabi got you first.

This is a different tag, so here are the rules: A. The rules of the game are posted at the beginning.B. Each player lists 6 little-known facts/habits about themselves. C. At the end of the post, the player then tags 6 people and posts their names, then goes to their blogs and leaves them a comment, letting them know that they have been tagged and asking them to read your blog.

Merilee said...

wow, how nice! What do you mean half way surprised you?

The Carpenter Family said...

sounds like you had a blast! What fun is that! Always nice to get away!

Natalie said...

Merilee - Tom told me we were going escape for the weekend but he didn't tell me where we were going.