Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Who would have thought?

Who would have thought after finally being able to stay home from work that Karsten would get every virus and infection there is. Last month Karsten came down with an awful cough we took him in and the doctor said it is just viral. After a month of coughing I took him back to the doctor on Friday, Oct. 26th. They said he was on the verge of going to the hospital with pnemonia. I had no idea. Luckily after an antibiotic and an oral steriod he was doing great. Last Friday I took the boys in for the flu shots the did great. A lollipop never hurts right! Saturday Karsten got this big bump on his cheek. I thought it was a mesquito bite. Yesterday he got some more bumps on his face. I went to my moms this morning and she said he had the chicken pox! I had no idea (again). I took him to the doctor (Dr. Steve Snesko, he is Chelsea's brother in law) and he said he had the chicken pox. Luckily he was vaccinated and they shouldn't get any worse. My advice for everyone is to stay away from the Bogles we some how acquire every virus on the planet.
At least we are good sports about it!

12 comments:

ducklips said...

ah, look at that little chicken pox baby.
a few days ago I thought zo had them. there were just a few little bumps on her stomach and they went away in a couple of days so I thought I must have been wrong. she had no fever and never complained of being itchy. she did have the vaccine as well, so maybe she just had a really mild case and i didn't even realize.
anyway, if you got them from zo, sorry!

Chad~Nicole said...

You guys have the worst luck ever! I hope every one gets well fast!

The Carpenter Family said...

that stinks! Poor guy! Hope he starts feeling better soon.

CDR said...

I know how it feels, one sickness after another. But he is still super cute. I hope you are all well soon.

Merilee said...

Oh poor little Kar! Glad we've all had them before. We got a lot of lovin' from him this weekend.

Birches said...

Oh my! What fun. Sometimes I wish they didn't have the chicken pox vaccine because it keeps you guessing. Carmen was exposed right around her first birthday (through her vaccinated nephew who broke out) and it just caused headaches. Anyways, I guess the nice thing is you don't have to worry about it lasting to long.

megan said...

poor guy. It was so much fun to hang out this last week (you know like I never see you. ha ha)Karsten was such a cute, happy guy the whole time I can't believe he has to deal with chicken pox now. Your boys looked so so so cute at Ty and Shanda's wedding.

jaust.me said...

I hope he's feeling better soon.

Chelsea said...

Poor little guy! I can't believe he got the chicken poxs! That is so crazy! Sorry about the pneumonia thing. Don't you love Steve?! I miss going to him soooo much. So I am not glad your kids are sick, but I am glad you get to see him! :) We seem to get EVERYTHING too around here and all we ever do is go to church or an occasional target or walmart visit. Carter got RSV as a baby and spent a week in the hospital from going to Target and he was 2 months old and it was his FIRST time out of our house besides to his couple week check up at dr. gentiles. (was that sentance long enough?!) So I here ya on the crazy stuff kids pick up being at
"home"! :) Good luck and at least he is a doll!!

Amanda said...

We just had a sickness fest fly through our house a few weeks ago. I'm so glad it's over! Hey, I need your email to add you to our private list. mamnwhite@gmail.com

megan said...

This is a different tag, so here are the rules: A. The rules of the game are posted at the beginning.B. Each player lists 6 little-known facts/habits about themselves. C. At the end of the post, the player then tags 6 people and posts their names, then goes to their blogs and leaves them a comment, letting them know that they have been tagged and asking them to read your blog.

Anonymous said...

little man those teeth would feel awesome lightly grazing my c-ck while you suck it and boy's suck best especially toddlers