So, Natalie got to tell you all about moving and all about our anniversary. Well, now it's my turn to tell you all how it actually happened...
Natalie packed up the entire house with no help from me (due to my work schedule). It was all I could do to get off of work the day that we actually moved. My boss had me scheduled and I told him the he would have to pay for the moving company if he expected me to come in. Anyway, we moved in with my parents. Not ideal, but it is only temporary. If we could build a house out here, I would in a heartbeat. Anyway, I felt bad about Natalie having to do all the hard work and not moving her into a nice new house as we had planned, so I thought I'd take her out for the weekend. I made all the arrangements and told Natalie what we were doing, but not where we were going. One of my drivers hooked me up with a room at the Scottsdale Plaza Resort. He got me a patio suite comped, but when I made the reservations, there were no more patio suites avaliable, so I upgraded us to a balcony suite. It was really nice with a fireplace and stuff. The temple was Natalie's idea, and it was a good one. It was good to remember the day we were married by doing sealings, and then seeing all the new couples who just got married was pretty fun too. Our dinner was really nice as well. If any of you want a nice Tuscan-style Italian restaurant, Sassi is excellent. It is nestled between the peaks at Reata Pass. It was really the nicest place I'd ever eaten. As soon as we got back to our hotel, I passed out, so Natalie had to watch movies by herself. The next day we did a little shopping in Scottsdale. Fortunately, most of the shops at the Borgatta were closed. It was good just to get away for awhile (although I am"away" quite a bit).
So, after 6 years, Natalie and I are still in love. Like I said, you got to hear her side of the story, so now here's mine:
I love Natalie for always believing in me, while helping me recognize the difference between goals and fantasies.
I love Natalie for the way she takes such good care of me and the little boys. Honestly, I'd be living in a van down by the river if it weren't for her.
I love Natalie for putting up with all my crap. She rarely complains about practically being a single mom. She is the best.
I love Natalie for the way she giggles all funny when she is really happy. Trust me, if you've ever heard it, you know what I'm talking about.
That is just a sample. I can't tell you everything or you'd fall in love with her too, and then we would have to duel. And honestly, it's been a while since I've won anything, so I'm not taking any chances.
1 year ago



7 comments:
you guys are awesome! happy anniversary! and tom this was a great side of the story.. (natalie yours was awesome too!!)
Happy Anniversary! Cute post Tom! Your night (both versions) sounded so awesome. What a thoughtful husband you are!! You guys are so cute. :)
I like your version. It's not often that we get to hear how much the guys love their wives on these blogs. I love it when the men get involved.
i second that elise. i think i'll casually leave the password to our blog on a postit and stick it to ty's computer screen =)
happy anniversary guys! You are cute and me & ty really look up to you!
So sweet!
You guys are so Rad!!
Awwww...
Post a Comment