We made it home from Oregon. We had a great time. Here is Tom being amazed at how berries grow wild on the side of the road! This is taken at a rest stop on our way to Oregon.

We got to go to an orchard a pick berries. This is one thing that I am jealous that we do not have in AZ. You can go pick fresh raspberries and for a bucket full pay only $5.

Brecken loved the berries but he would not eat any that we not the perfect shape.

Karsten kept eating the berries off the ground. A little dirt don't hurt!

We went to a fountain and let the kids play. This was a cool fountain because the water came in and out like waves.

We ventured up to the coast for the 4th of July. It was beautiful.

The boys loved the ocean. They loved running away from the waves. They didn't realize that in Oregon there are "Sneaker Waves". You think that you are far away from the wave but it just sneaks up on you.

First Karsten went in! (Here is my lovely boot protection!)

Then Brecken! The water was cold. Luckily we brought another set of clothes to change into.

We all loved the beach. We even got the fire some of our own fireworks out into the ocean after dark.
Here are a few fun and funny stories about our trip:
1. Tom got 2 speeding tickets. Therefore driving cost the same amount as flying.
2. We hiked 2 miles to get to the beach. We had no idea it took that long to get there. It was fun though.
3. We ventured to a new beach for our firework show and got our car stuck in the sand.
4. Tom learned that you can not put 3 morters (fireworks) in a shooter at the same time.
5. The Columbia river is about 100 miles and is beautiful to drive by.
6. Brecken learned the "Scare Crow" baseball throwing technique from his cousins and still sleeps with his mit that they gave him.
We had a great time on our trip.
9 comments:
How fun! Looks beautiful, love your bagged foot! :)
Nice job Tom! That is a long drive-Sam would have been speeding too :-)
the trip sounds so fun. i'm still so jealous. i'm glad you guys got to do it this year though.
we had fun up there with you guys. I didn't hear that Tom was trying to put 3 morters in a shooter. I love how pretty the Columbia river is
Hey Natalie! I love your blog! It looks like you guys are doing really well! I am going to add you to my blog, so we can stay in touch!
You know we just started to figure tickets into our budget. It makes things less frustrating. So Tom, you are definitely not alone. I'm glad you had fun.
We had so much fun with you guys here. I loved seeing how excited your boys get about everything. And I do mean all of your boys. Sorry about the two mile beach mix up. Glad you still had fun.
So do you guys want to move here now? J/K!!!
Wow, two speeding tickets?? I love your boot, by the way :o)
that blonde sweetie in the black swimsuit needs to get naked, love to eat her little p-ssy
Post a Comment