Friday, July 25, 2008

Happy Belated Pioneer Day!

Monique, Tom's sister, decided we should all celebrate Pioneer Day. It was a great idea. The kids husked corn and we made butter. We even had fish for lunch. Here are several pictures of us shaking our creme to make our butter. The kids loved it and so did Tom.











I love it too. The butter tasted so good. I think I might start making my butter now. There is not salt or any other stuff put in it. I don't know if it is healthier but it seems like it would be. Plus you get a good arm work out every time you need more butter. I may be crasy but I might keep making my own. If you haven't made homemade butter, all you do is get creme and shake for about 20 minutes. It was way cool. Thanks Monique!

6 comments:

ducklips said...

I could have sworn this was Natalie posting.

I am so sad I missed the butter making. I love homemade butter. If you do start making your own, I am so in. I said that the first time I made it, but somehow it just didn't have. Blast my laziness.

Natalie said...

It was me who wrote the post. I was signed in under Tom on accident.

Michelle and Aaron said...

Looks like fun! Your boys are so cute! I also didn't realize that Brecken and Sami were so close in age! Should be fun when we finally get back to Az.

Chad~Nicole said...

What a fun idea.

Stephanie Shumway said...

I love making butter this way! Did you know you can do icecream somewhat the same way? It's cool- you need two containers- ziplocka dna can or jar. If you want the recipe, I can look it up for ya!

The Carpenter Family said...

How cute!! Looked like fun!