Thursday, August 16, 2007

So I was outside mowing the lawn this morning and Archie came out of the shrubs. I was amazed at how big he has gotten. He is probably over 12 inches long now, but just looks huge. I carried him over to the window to show Natalie and Brecken, so then Brecken wanted to come outside and play with him.

"Dad, I want to play with Archie!"

"You do? what do you want to play with him?"

"I want him to play tag!"

"I don't think Archie is very good at tag. He's kind of slow."

"But I want him to tag us slow."

Just a funny story. Thought you would all enjoy.

10 comments:

Merilee said...

Hey Brecky boy. Nice, um glasses?

Emily said...

Adorable! Where's my Karsten?

Chad~Nicole said...

I ran into Natalie today at Walgreens and told her we have a blog too. I need to get your email address to "invite" you to see it though because it's blocked. --Nicole

Merilee said...

Wow, I didn't know you still had good ole Archie? Breck 's so cute.

Darilyn said...

WHAT is archie?

Tomallama said...

Archie is a 4 year old African Spur-thigh tortoise. They are native to the northern regions of the Sahara and the climate here in AZ is alost identical, so they make really good pets here. Especially since they survive on a diet of Bermuda grass and require very little water. I'll put up a picture of Brecken holding him some time.

ducklips said...

Oh, can I play too. I've gotten pretty slow in my old age and I think Archie tag is just my speed.

KrisBo said...

haha thats a great story.. i was just telling a friend the other day about the story from when i found archie and called you. super cool.

jaust.me said...

Brecken, I am much better at slow tag than lions running up and down the stairs.
Aunt Monique

Darilyn said...

ah! Thanks for the clarification on what "archie" is. I love the pictures.