Thursday, March 12, 2009

You may think I'm Crazy, I know I do!

After 3 days of Augmentin, Karsten's bum was burned to a crisp. I couldn't change any more diapers with Karsten screaming his head off. We decided the best thing to do was potty train him. He still had 7 days to go on the medicine. I know I am crazy. I am 37 weeks pregnant! But I didn't know what else to do. After the first day his bum was so much better. He has many accidents but I didn't have to deal with a screaming child because his bum hurt. Tomorrow it will be a week and he is doing pretty well. He still has 2-3 accidents but he will learn. He mostly tells me when he needs to go. I am glad that we decided to potty train him. We still may have many accidents to come but at least he is a happy boy.Last week, Tom took Brecken out skateboarding for the first time. Brecken loved it! So did Tom! Isn't he such a big boy. At my rate of posting, the next post will probably be pics of the new little baby. We can't wait for him to come.

7 comments:

Chad~Nicole said...

At least now you won't have two in diapers. I'm excited to see the new little guy. Did you settle on the name for sure?

Meagan said...

I'm glad you've seen the fruits of your potty training efforts! :) That pic of Brecken is so cute.

Unknown said...

Yay for Karsten and for you. Two in diapers is too much. I saw a picture of Tom and Brecken at the skate park on Tom's face book. They both look so proud. Let me know if you head up to the hospital today.

ducklips said...

Oops. That was me above. I forgot I was using the Fulton Elementary art masterpiece calendar.

Anonymous said...

Augmentin always does that to my kids too. I hate it!! I usually just tell the doctor NO augmentin please. But your idea to just potty train sounds even better!

Amber said...

Glad you are hanging in there--and now at least you have something to keep you busy and keep your mind off thinking about when the baby will come

Emily said...

Soon come. Am I gonna have to drive down there this week anyway.