1 year ago
Monday, February 2, 2009
Baby Name??
Well it has been a long time since I have posted. I am counting down the weeks to the new baby. I am finally in the single digits (8 weeks left). We are not completely ready for the baby to come. I need a few things and I need to organize all the baby clothes. We haven't figured out a name yet. I have some ideas and thought I would run them by you all. I have been feeling like he should be named after Tom's Great Grandpa. His name is Cully Fletcher. I am not sure if I like the name as just Cully because I want him to have a strong name and there are not many boys names that end in a y sound. Tom thought we should name the baby Cullen but I have had several comments on how that sounds. I don't know what to do. Does just Cully sound girly or does Cullen sound bad? I just thought you guys could give me an opinion.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



12 comments:
I love that you guys want to use that name. I totally wanted to but didn't think of it until too late. I think Cully sounds tough, but Cullen does sound very distinguished. Everyone might think you liked Twilight a little too much though. Then again, who cares what other people think?
I love the idea of calling him Cully, but I think you should go with Cullen and just call him Cully. I think the Twilight thing will only last so long. By the time he is an adult no one will even think about Twilight anymore, especially men who would be the one to make fun of him anyway
One of my favorite names is Fletcher.
Do what you want. Who cares what everyone else things. I like 'em both, and since I'm not a Twilight person I didn't even think of Cullen being a Twilight name.
I'll add my vote to name him Cullen, and call him Cully. I was trying to think of another boy name that ends in y as I read your thing. I'm a dork. My husband has a y.
But, back to Cullen. I like it. It goes great with Brecken and Karsten.
You could always flip it and name him Fletcher Cully... Fletcher sounds pretty masculine. Both are way cute names
I like Twilight, no not love. I did not think of it with Cullen Fletcher. I like it. No, I LOVE it! I love that I am surrounded by creative names, even when they are ancestor recycles. We can be snobs and cool. Or snobs becuase we're cool. Something like that.
So excited for you. Boys names are hard! I like either.
Cully is cute, but if you're worried you could do Cullen. That's kind of what happened with Harry. Aaron's grandpa is Harry, but we weren't sure if he would want it as an adult so we did Harrison just so he had a choice. We hardly ever call him Harrison.
BTW, Toad likes Cully better! He also really like Fletcher best, but he just likes it for the movies...
FLETCH LIVES!!!!
That's a tough call. I actually like Cully by itself, but y'know, there are Butches out there that are sissies, and Henrys that are pretty tough dudes. It all just depends on the individual. :)
Post a Comment