We have 25 baby chicks!! Tom wanted baby chicks for his birthday so he could eventually sell the eggs. We ordered 30 but now only have 25. Three did not survive on the journey to our home and two died within the first three days. Of course the one Brecken picked for his pet died. We had to have a funeral and everything. He was very upset. He did even want to see the other chicks. Our little boy at four had to learn about chick heaven and want happens to our bodies when we die. He is all better now and enjoys the other 25 chicks. If all goes well, according to Tom, we will have 25 eggs a day in about six months! 
We finally got to decorate our Christmas tree last night. We ordered a fresh Christmas tree from Bountiful Baskets and it arrived last Friday. Life being so busy, we finally decorated it last night. It is so fun to see how much the boys are growing up. I love this picture of Brecken because all his ornaments are in a row at the bottom of the tree. (We have our tree on a table to keep our little nephew from destroying the tree! We did this last year for Karsten.) Here is Brecken pointing out his new ornament. Of course it is a cowboy.
Karsten even got in on the action. He was very good at putting the ornaments on the tree. We had to give him all the unbreakable ornaments because he either dropped them or they fell off the tree once he got them on.
On Saturday, all the primary children got to have donuts with Santa. They were so excited. Karsten was very good and a little serious about the whole situation. The funny thing is he had no idea who Santa was and did not even care what Santa brought him. Now he tells me everyday he wants balls from Santa. He finally figured out what was going on.
Do you recognize Santa? Brecken did! :( It is his Uncle Steve. The ward needed a Santa at the last minute and Steve volunteered. I wasn't sure if Brecken would notice or not. But he did. We had to explain that Santa can't be everywhere at once and Steve was Santa's helper. He wasn't so sure about that but I think we have him convinced.
I feel so bad Brecken has had to deal with the death of a pet and almost finding out about Santa. Oh well, I think we have taken care of it. This has been a wonderful Christmas season. The boys are getting so grown up. I can't wait for Christmas day.



5 comments:
Poor little Brecken! Hopefully he will still be a believer, and that he can bond with one of the live chicks. How fun to have baby chicks, though! We had a ton growing up, and it is weird to me that I can still recall the smell of them. Good luck with them all!!
My. Worst. Nightmare. Steve as Santa Claus. (And please tell him I said so)
Cute little chicks. I still believe in Santa.
How sad about his chick :( We still need to come and see them before they get all grown up.
Steve had a blast as Santa and I love the chicks.
The other day Karsten took me back there to show me that one of the chicks was out. It was so weird. The doors were closed but one of them was wandering around under the cage. I picked him up and put him away but Karsten thought he was dwoss.
Post a Comment