Brecken started soccer last week. Brecken and Zo (his cousin) are on the same team.
Brecken has mixed feeling about soccer. He seems to love it until he has to go in and fight for the ball. At this age, they only play three on three. There is no goalie. Just get the ball and head for the goal. Brecken did a lot of pointing to his other team mates telling them which way they should dribble the ball. We will see as the season goes if he likes it better or not.
Here he is warming up. He is all excited.
Here they are getting in some warmup kicks. The game was hilarious to watch. The kids had no idea what they were doing. We have several weeks to work on that.
On a different note, Karsten turned 2 a few weeks ago. He thinks he is four like his brother. He threw an all out fit because he did not get new soccer shoes. When he is old enough he can play. He is actually really good at dribbling the ball.
Here he is in his batman outfit. He loves to dress up and chase everyone around with his sword.



6 comments:
Your boys are always so cute. Hopefully Brecken will take to soccer, if not I guess he can move on to another sport and at least he tried it! I bet it was pretty funny to watch all the little kids play.
I love watching little kids play soccer. It is so cute to see what they do when the ball comes to them.
I think it's funny that we keep telling our kids how much fun they should be having during their games and they keep giving us the stink eye. Maybe we only think these things are fun because we do completely lame things all day long and wish we could really be out there playing soccer instead of folding laundry.
On a side note. I love Karsten as Batmunk.
How cute!! What fun to play a sport!
Hey Natalie-the pictures you have on here of the boys are just adorable. It really does make my day to see the funny things you capture them doing. Anywho I've been watching your blog for a while and I actually just started one of my own. It's still a little fresh but I'd love to keep in touch.
D'oh, I'm still learning. :) Apparently the link to my blog didn't come up last time around. Here's where we are.
Post a Comment