Thursday, June 26, 2008

What Moms Will Do for Their Children



I decided not to show you the nasty pictures of my nasty toe. Needless to say I broke my big right toe. Heres the story. I was getting Karsten off of a really high barstool chair and it started to fall over. Of course I held on to Karsten and the chair landed on my toe. It hurt so bad I buckled over and knocked Karsten's face into the counter. He was okay but crying. My toe hurt so bad I thought I was going to throw up. I debated on going to see the doctor because I always heard there is nothing you can do about a broken toe. I waited until the next day and decided I better go because it still really hurt. The doctor put a whole in the nail and drained a lot of blood out to relieve some of the pressure. Then he sent me for x-rays. I didn't find out until this morning that my toe is broken. Now I get to hobble around on a hard splint shoe for 4-6 weeks.

Anyways we leave to Utah and Oregon for 10 days tomorrow. I am excited to see our family. It will be a little interesting wearing my new shoe!!

10 comments:

Emily said...

I won't be here, but Toad will? Are yoou stoppping by? We have a spare room...

Chelsea said...

Oh no!! Sorry about your toe! They need to come up with a classier looking shoe. Do you have a bedazzeler or anything to spice it up some? My little sister has one if you need to borrow it! :)

Have so much fun on your trip!

Hazel said...

I feel your pain. But just think how cut you will look in you sunday dress with your stylin' shoe ; ) Plus your suit case will have more room for cute shoes, you only need one of each pair : ) I think that could be a real positive. I never have enough room for the shoes I want to take.

On a serious note: I am really sorry that you broke your toe. I was also told their wasn't alot they could do with broken toes but that sure hurt A LOT!!

ducklips said...

It was so sad running this morning and Wednesday w/o you there. Really, I don't think you should pull anymore chairs down on top of you anymore.

Hope the drive is going well and that the dvd's are keeping the boys entertained.

Chad~Nicole said...

Nice fashion statement.

CDR said...

That is no fun. Feel better soon!
I am excited to go check out your husbands produce. I just noticed the farm blog. I guess I am not very quick. Have a great vaction.

Anonymous said...

looks to me like your regular shoes. wheres the boot?

Amber said...

Nice! kind of a bummer right before vacation--but oh well.

Michelle and Aaron said...

Some of us wanted to see pics of your toe! That is no fun. Sami had to get a hole put in her thumb nail when she was 18 months. That was way fun...

Stephanie Shumway said...

Ahh. I've done the same thing- caught the kid, but the toe was injured by the chair. I think I reacted the same way- I wanted to throw up, too! I never went to the doctor though- I probably should've!! So, these pics from UT and Oregon make me nostalgic because we have family in both places. I love the wild berries, too! Awesome!