Saturday, March 15, 2008

Baseball


Tom, Brecken, Karsten, and I ventured out to a Cubs spring training baseball game yesterday. (I am so mad because I forgot my camera.) The boys were so cute they both wore their little baseball caps. We had great seats. We were right behind the Cub's dugout. We could put our feet on the dugout.

Karsten was asleep until we got to the game and sat down to watch the game. He woke up immediately and loved watching the game. The boys were so impressed with all the baseball players. Brecken kept waving to the players to say hi. One of the coaches, Billy Williams(pictured above in his early days), threw Brecken a ball. He was in heaven. He hugged and kissed the ball the whole game.

Brecken was really intent on what each player was doing. During the game a batter got hit by a pitch and another batter on deck got hit with a ball. Brecken then started bonking his head with his ball. I asked what he was doing and he said, "That is what baseball players do. They get hit with balls!!" Tom and I were dying laughing. We didn't realize that is what baseball players do!

The boys lasted through the whole game. It might of helped that we had peanuts, cotton candy, and ice cream half way through the game. We can't wait to go again next year.

I can't wait to see my boys grow up and play sports. It will be so fun to see their interests and their talents.

8 comments:

Merilee said...

That sounds like so much fun. I miss spring training AZ style. We have gone to a few minor league games up here, but there are no major league teams.

ducklips said...

What a contrast there is in little boys and girls. When we went the day before Kas had a great time and didn't want to leave, but Zo was so bored after 45 minutes. We only stayed an hour so we could get home to dance class for the girls.

Glad you had fun. I can't wait to see your boys play sports and such too.

Chelsea said...

That is the funniest thing that he was hitting his head! It amazes me the things they pick up on and make up in their busy minds!

Emily said...

Oh, you are in trouble for not taking the camera!

Meagan said...

Sounds like you guys had a lot of fun! Can't wait until Hudson is old enough to be interested in a game. Brecken is too funny....he always keeps me laughing :)

Birches said...

That's so nice they were both interested. We haven't tried with Carmen yet . . . hopefully she doesn't have a Zo reaction-- I love baseball games.

Chad~Nicole said...

We went to a spring training game last year. I think Canon's favorite part was the food we bought when we got there.

jaust.me said...

Breck and Karsten are so funny!Lauren and Emma had a great time even though they are girls. Somehow the interest in baseball seems to resurge for girls in the teen years. I can't imagine why that is. They also really enjoyed the cotton candy, snow cones, peanuts, sunflower seeds, etc. And the highlight of the day, when Emma was thrown a baseball es well.