Sunday, January 20, 2008

Spiderman Goes Potty!

Since Brecken turned 3 we have been trying to get him to go on the potty. He went for one full day about six months ago then wanted nothing to do with it. I guess I needed to find his "currency." While we were at his cousin Kylie's house, she was starting to try the potty. She had a neat little doll that went potty on a toilet. Brecken of course wanted one. So we went to the store in such of a doll. I knew Tom would never let Brecken have a doll. I told Brecken he could find a toy but he only could have it if he went on the potty. After searching and searching he found this Spiderman costume. When we got home he wanted to wear it but he couldn't unless he went potty. He said, "He couldn't. He didn't know how." After an hour of not letting him wear Spiderman he decided he would go on the potty. He knew that if he wanted to wear Spiderman he needed to keep it dry. He was dry all day. Saturday he had one accident and even pooped on the potty. This may seem silly but this brings great joy to my heart. I love seeing his little underwear in the laundry! He has only been potty trained for a few days but no more diapers!
I love this little boy. He is so loving and funny.

14 comments:

Chad~Nicole said...

I'm so jealous!

Merilee said...

Brecken definitely is loving and funny and he is a very handsome spiderman too. I'm so excited for you. I know you were looking forward to this day.

CDR said...

No I agree, using the word joy to describe successful potty training stories is right on.

Chelsea said...

CONGRATS!!!! Really I think our kids are BFF's at heart with their loves and interests. Yes it may be that they are exact the same age...but still...it's so fun! So are you going cold turkey at night time too with no diaper? That's what we can't seem to figure out over here. But someone in our family who shall remane namless pee'd his pants forever at night. I asked the pediatrician and they said if it runs in the family then I just have to be a nice happy mom and not discuss it for a few more years. So we enjoy our "night time chonies" (aka pullups) to avoid the nightly crying that he is wet, and bed changing. Things have been much happier since I accepted the whole "n.t.c" thing. And don't think about calling it a diaper...Bad news!! So after writing a novel comment...what is your secret?!?

Amanda said...

Congrats! That is such a relieving milestone. Miranda is Finally consistantly dry day and night. woohoo

The Carpenter Family said...

Way to go Natalie!! That is so great!

Natalie said...

Chelsea,
I was going to have him wear pullups at night but he has woken up dry every night. So last night he didn't want to wear a pullup and he wore his underwear and woke up dry! Hopefully he will continue this. I also agree that our boys definitely have the same interests. It is so fun to read about the similarities.

Meagan said...

YEAH!!!!!!!

Birches said...

It's almost like giving yourself a raise by not having to buy as many diapers huh? That's something I look forward to with great anticipation. Carmen will be two in March and tells me when she's pooping and if she gets too soggy for her liking, so I'm really hoping it will be easy and SOON. But I don't want to push it. People tell me if you try to early and it doesn't work, you'll really set them back. Oh the angst!

ducklips said...

YEA! I am so happy for you. My favorite is that when I called tonight, Brecken grabbed Nana B and dragged her into the bathroom to show her that he had pooped on the potty.

jaust.me said...

Spiderman "Brecken" rocks!

Michelle and Aaron said...

Hi Natalie! Brecken and Karsten are so cute! Congrats on the potty training! Very exciting! It was fun to read how you guys have been!

Emily said...

He was so proud when I saw him. Brecken, you're awesome!

Anonymous said...

nothing wrong with him having a doll, I like boy's to wear knickers too